Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Eliminate All my Edible Competitors

I'm not the only one who thinks DC rapper Wale is one of the best lyricists currently making music. Here's a quote from Jeff Weiss's blog. Weiss writes for LA Weekly and the LA Times. His blog adress is passionweiss.com

"For those just tuning in, over the past year Wale has built a name for himself as one of the most promising rappers around, dropping the impressive 100 Miles & Running mixtape, signing to Interscope, earning the cover of Urb, a spot on EW’s Top 8 To Watch in 08 list and placement on the main stage of this year’s Rock the Bells tour. But for all the attention he’s already accrued, Wale’s conceptually brilliant The Mixtape About Nothing not only justifies the acclaim, but deserves to put him on anyone’s short list of the best rappers of his generation."

Don't say I didn't warn you. If I figure out how to link things I'll post a link to The Mixtape about Nothing. Knowing about Wale two years before he dropped this classic makes me feel so superior and awesome.

No comments: